April 19, 2024

Cathy Byram, Excellent Eagle Employee

Congratulations to Cathy Byram, office manager in the Department of English, Linguistics, and Communications, who has been selected as an Excellent Eagle Employee for the month of May.   A parking spot of her choosing has been reserved for her until the end of the month.

Here is what one of her co-workers said about her:

“I would like to nominate Cathy for a variety of reasons. First, she is absolutely kind and generous. I am fairly new here, having begun in August. Cathy, whose job does not involve me at all, is kind enough to do all of the purchasing for me in the Writing Centers and the WI Program. She does so without any complaint and never asks anything in return although I ask her time and again if there is anything I can do for her. She helps me navigate appropriate channels in order to get things accomplished for students and the university. Cathy goes above and beyond her job description just to help out a fellow employee. I want to nominate Cathy just so she is recognized and knows what an invaluable employee and person she is.” 

To nominate someone who you believe is an Excellent Eagle Employee, just send me an email (psulliva@umw.edu) with Excellent Eagle Employee in the Subject Line.  In your email, be sure to tell me the person’s name, department, work location (with the most convenient parking lot), and of course, the reason why you believe they should be recognized.  Please spread the word to other employees about this wonderful opportunity to recognize a co-worker(s).

About Marty Morrison