Faculty Special Assignment: Social Media Consultant for University Relations and Advancement
General description of job/objective:
This position will support the University’s use of social media, and will work within the Division of Advancement and University Relations. As a faculty consultant on social media, this person will work primarily on four initiatives:
1) advance and further develop the institution’s social media strategy; 2) work with University Relations and Admissions to develop a social media strategy to engage prospective students; 3) develop an academic model to use social media to engage on- and off-campus constituents; and 4) plan for the production of social media content that can be used across campus.
This position reports to the Associate Vice President for University Relations.
- Required: Demonstrated experience with a variety of social media platforms and tools.
- Required: Demonstrated experience with video and multimedia production.
- Required: Experience with the use of social media in teaching environments.
- Preferred: Track record of advancing the mission of an institution with effective communication strategies.
Release time and salary stipend: Negotiable.
To apply for the position, please submit a résumé and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by 5 p.m. on August 31, 2012.