Looking for new and creative ways to recognize your staff and/or colleagues?
Take advantage of these two new programs beginning today, November 5th:
UMW JEANS PASS PROGRAM
- Supervisors can present an employee with a “jeans pass” for doing something extraordinary (supervisors will be sent a separate email with the actual “jeans pass”).
- All staff and faculty may participate and be recognized.
- Each employee may be awarded one pass per week, maximum.
- Supervisors may determine that certain days are not appropriate for jeans, based on office needs.
- Jeans must be professional in appearance. No holes or frays.
- This is a year-round recognition program, in addition to “jeans on Friday” in the summer dress code.
# 1 F.A.N (Fantastic Action Noticed) COLLEAGUE RECOGNITION PROGRAM
- Employees can recognize outstanding service or collaboration received from a colleague in a different department.
- All faculty and staff may participate and be recognized.
- Requests must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources using the online form.
- Recognized employees will be sent an email letting them know they have a “FAN” and asking them to come to the Office of Human Resources to pick out a UMW spirit prize.
- Each employee can only receive two items from the prize inventory per year.