The third annual EdTech Conference, supported by the College of Education at the University of Mary Washington, will be held on Friday, March 15, 2013 at UMW’s Stafford Campus.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Creativity and Innovation within a Community of Learners.”
The 2013 EdTech Conference will offer educators, education leaders, and those interested in education the opportunity to learn more about how technology is impacting teaching and learning.
Attendees, presenters, exhibitors and sponsors are all welcome! You will have the opportunity to network with colleagues and share and discuss ways to effectively integrate technology into the standards-based curriculum.
- Learn about teaching strategies to foster innovation and imagination
- Ideas for incorporating 21st Century skills in the classroom
- Promote reflection, insight, and problem-solving skills
- Improve thinking skills in reading, math, and science
- Teach reasoning, critical, and creative thinking skills
- Link learning with divergent thinking
Who should attend:
All K-12 teachers, preservice teachers, administrators, university educators and technology specialists, parents, and those interested in educational technology.
Attendees will encounter:
- Keynote speaker
- Introduction to our new 3D Printer Lab for K12 educators and students at UMW
- Introduction to Teacher Spot, a learning community for new teachers
- Presentations by local teachers exemplifying technology integration
- Presentations by university educators and technology specialists
- Vendor exhibits and presentations
- Student and Teacher Showcase
- Door prizes
Cost to Attend:
- The registration fee is $40.00 and includes your choice of concurrent sessions, workshops, the keynote session, guest speakers, exhibitor presentations, and a catered lunch. All participants must preregister including presenters.
Location of the Conference:
- University of Mary Washington, College of Education, North Building, Stafford Campus
Date and Time:
- Friday, March 15, 2013 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Register to participate and/or present today by visiting our Web site: http://umwedtechconference2013.umwblogs.org/
We look forward to seeing you there!
For more information, please contact:
Teresa Coffman, Associate Professor of Education at (540)286.8094, or via email at email@example.com
Tamie Pratt-Fartro, Assistant Professor of Education at (540) 286-8081, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org