On Monday, February 20, 2017, University of Mary Washington will host an Admissions Open House. Approximately 275 prospective students (typically high school seniors, juniors, and sophomores, as well as transfers) and their families will visit and tour campus between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. The estimated guest count is 750 visitors.
A sample agenda is posted here. Visitor parking has been reserved in the parking deck off of Route 1 and on Double Drive. Primary event locations are the Anderson Center, Lee Hall, the Hurley Convergence Center, the University Center, and campus/residence hall tours in Mason. Expect to see increased foot traffic on campus and curious newcomers at the Top of the University Center (fourth floor), especially between noon and 2 p.m.
While the Office of Admissions sponsors these events, the entire campus assumes the role of host. Our visitors frequently comment on how “friendly, helpful, and engaging” our UMW community is! Visitors shared the following about what they enjoyed the most during their recent visits to campus:
- “Getting an in depth view and understanding of UMW.”
- “The beautiful campus!”
- “I really enjoyed meeting all the faculty. Everyone was super nice, helpful, and fun to talk to!”
- “The campus tour was wonderful and helped me make my decision about the school!”
- “Everybody was very welcoming and this was an amazing experience!”
- “The ability to connect face to face with staff and current students.”
- “Perfect size. Nice people. All around great visit!”
We encourage you to show your support and tweet to @UMWAdmissions and/or post to Instagram and tag @UMWAdmissions. We would like to see #UMWOpenHouse trending throughout the day. If you’d like to be involved in Open Houses or have ideas, please contact Admissions at 540.654.2000 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your partnership in showcasing all that is great about UMW!
Office of Admissions