July 26, 2024

UMW’s 2024 Reunion Weekend is One for the Ages

Edna Gooch Trudeau ’59 and Danielle DeSimone ’14 graduated 55 years apart. Yet, each returned to the University of Mary Washington’s Reunion Weekend for the same reason.

“I’ve kept in touch with friends I met here 69 years ago,” said Trudeau, tearing up as she recalled classmates she has lost over the years. But her face brightened as Ann Brooks Coutsoubinas ’59 arrived. Trudeau added, “I absolutely loved my time at Mary Washington.”

DeSimone expressed the same sentiment after reuniting with friends she met on her first night in college. “It’s so wild that it has been a decade since we graduated. We can’t wait to relive everything.”

Over 600 graduates and guests returned to the University of Mary Washington for 2024's Reunion Weekend, May 30 through June 2. Photo by Karen Pearlman.

Over 600 graduates and guests returned to the University of Mary Washington for 2024’s Reunion Weekend, May 30 through June 2. Photo by Karen Pearlman.

Over 600 graduates and guests gathered for 2024’s Reunion Weekend, held May 30 through June 2. Some came with canes and walkers, while others were there with strollers in tow. Yet, everyone was excited to reconnect with the campus and each other and rediscover all the things they loved about UMW.