Stephen Farnsworth, professor of political science and director of the University’s Center for Leadership and Media Studies, delivered a lecture to foreign service officers at the U.S. State Department entitled, “International News about the US: Challenges for Public Diplomacy,” on Nov. 1. The talk was drawn from his new co-authored book, “The Global President: International Media and the US Government.”
In addition, Farnsworth has been interviewed by a number of media outlets on the campaign for Governor of Virginia.
Recent interviews include:
- PBS News Hour: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec13/governor_11-01.html
- Reuters: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/race-virginia-governor-close-call-article-1.1507856
- Politico: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/virginia-governors-race-2013-contrarian-streak-could-end-99321.html?hp=r4_b1
- USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/11/04/mcauliffe-cuccinelli-virginia-governor-gender-gap/3435241/
- WTOP: http://www.wtop.com/1305/3498745/Cuccinelli-could-have-won-Virginia and http://www.wtop.com/120/3499224/The-role-of-polls-in-Virginias-race-for-governor