These FAQs provide more information about EagleEye.
How do I get on the distribution list and access EagleEye?
As a member of the faculty or staff, it will be automatically delivered to your inbox weekly. For daily updates, you should bookmark http://eagleeye.umw.edu and check it whenever you want. Updates will be posted by faculty and staff on a regular basis, and the accumulated content will be pushed to your email inbox once per week.
How do I contribute to EagleEye?
If you would like to contribute to EagleEye, please fill out the web form at http://eagleeye.umw.edu/contribute/. The post will be listed as “pending” until a member of University Relations staff has reviewed and approved the information.
Can I contribute a post anonymously?
No, all posts will contain the email address of the writer or person submitting comments and the date posted. In addition, your first submission will be moderated to ensure that you are a current faculty or staff member. Once your first submission is accepted, you are free to continue submitting future content without further moderation.
Can I comment on a posted article?
Yes, click on comments just above any article and submit your comment. Your message will be public and your name will be displayed to identify you. As with submitting a post, your first comment submission will be moderated to ensure that you are a current faculty or staff member. Once your first submission is accepted, you are free to continue submitting future content without further moderation.
I want to distribute an e-mail blast, how do I do that?
EagleEye will provide an alternative way to get your messages out to the community. EagleEye sends out a weekly e-mail linking to the current issue. Any messages that could go out in an email blast can be included as an article. For non-emergency notifications, including your message in EagleEye could decrease the amount of messages in our inboxes.
I was recently recognized by a distinguished institution. Formerly I provided that information to Faculty Notes, which was published twice-yearly. Where do I send it now?
Submit your post and select the category Professional Notes. That will post it under the Professional Notes section on the EagleEye home page.
What are the regular features where I can post information?
- Announcements: This has been created for timely announcements that need to get to faculty and staff in order to perform their jobs at UMW. This would not include special interest or entertainment-related announcements which are better placed in “What’s New @ UMW.”
- What’s New @ UMW: Details about campus events – lectures, concerts, plays, bookstore discounts, parking information, and other items of general interest
- Professional Notes: Faculty and staff report on scholarly/professional activities—awards, publications, presentations, conferences attended.
How do I get my submission included in the Top Stories section?
All posts will be published to either What’s New @ UMW or Professional Notes. Subsequent promotion of faculty and staff submissions to the Top Stories section is an editorial choice reserved by the office of University Relations.
What other regular features will be carried in the newsletter?
Regular features will include:
- Calendar of Events: athletics events, cultural events, holidays, etc.
- UMW in the News: Articles and notices about UMW in the media.
- UMWEagles Sports: News releases from our official Athletics website.