June 4, 2023

Leave Share Donations Needed

If you have any questions about the leave share program, please contact Denise Frye at dfrye2@umw.edu 

Dear Colleagues 

A University employee  has requested leave share donations due to the documented illness of a family member.  Your consideration is appreciated.  Classified employees may donate only annual leave in eight (8) hour increments (ex., 8,16,32… hours).  A/P faculty may donate annual and sick leave in increments of full days  ( 1,2,3 …days).   

To Donate Leave:

Please fill out the attached form to authorize our Payroll Office to withdraw leave from your leave balance(s).  Forms should be forwarded to Office of Human Resources at dfrye2@umw.edu for processing.  In the interest of privacy, names of recipients are not shared.  Leave is given to recipient(s) on an as needed basis per pay period in leave without pay (LWOP) status.  

Thank You