June 4, 2023

Leave Share Donations Needed

The following message is sent to classified employees and A/P faculty from the Office of Human Resources.


A University employee has requested leave share donations due to the documented illness of a family member. Your consideration is appreciated. Classified employees may donate only annual leave in eight (8) hour increments (ex., 8,16,32… hours). A/P faculty may donate annual and sick leave in increments of full days (1,2,3 …days).

To donate leave:

Please fill out the attached form to authorize our Payroll Office to withdraw leave from your leave balance(s). Leave Share Donor Form Forms should be forwarded to the Office of Human Resources at dfrye2@umw.edu for processing. In the interest of privacy, names of recipients are not shared. Leave is given to recipient(s) on an as needed basis per pay period for the duration of the recipient(s)’ leave without pay status.

Thank you.